This amazing watercolor painting was one of two plein air projects of the sea horse fountain at my family cabin. Back then, there was bamboo lining the hidden rock patio. It was such a magical space where you could occasionally come across a little bird cooling off in the water and during a particular time of day in the summer, the light reflecting off the puddles of the mossy rock would reflect back up underneath in orange ringlets.
This painting was one of two on-site paintings (the other is in a private collection).
-Title: The Seahorse Fountain
-Painting size: 10" x 14" (float mounted)
-Frame size: 16" x 20"
-Glass: Non-Glare UV-Protecting
- Painted freehand with glazes of archival artist grade watercolor paint for depth, and life-like colours
- One of the first two plein air paintings
- Subtle blue-greens, purples, grey and light yellow colors
- Published as collectable open-edition prints
*Because of the size, this painting does ship with glass and frame (unless noted by the customer)
* When framing, please use archival matting & backing. (If you have any questions about care of your artwork, please feel free to contact us)
* Ships within 1 business day of cleared payment