So your case might be an issue like I had where you got a cool social-sharing app but try as you might, the old one was still there staring at you...not to worry. It's a quick and easy fix ;-)
There are a ton of awesome social-sharing apps out there and I'm guessing you've discovered one that you like already, (otherwise you wouldn't have found yourself here, right)? But just in case you're wondering; for my store, I use the social sharing buttons by Zotabox. They are customizable, you can pick and choose which social networks you'd like to have shared and you can also pick what area of your site to have them on.
Anyhow, let's get started, shall we?
- First, you'll want to click on "Online Store" under the "Sales Channel" section of your admin.
- Second, click on "Themes"
- Third, click on the blue "Customize" button on the right-hand side.
Are you with me? Ok...
- For the Fourth part, click on "Theme Actions" at the bottom and then "Edit Code" (for some people this may sound a bit scary but I assure you, it's simple enough and we can make sure that if heaven forbid, you change your mind, you can fix it).
- Now for the fifth and final task, under the "Snippets" section, scroll down to the "social-sharing.liquid" file and click on it. Note that mine in the example below does not have anything in it although there is still a social-sharing.liquid area if I need one. Before you delete your code, you may want to select it all and copy it to a folder on your computer for safe-keeping; just in case you change your mind later. And now all you have to do is erase the code and save. Double-check to see if you have a social-sharing.liquid snippet because if not, you'll get an error under your products. If you don't, just click on "Add a new snippet" and name it social-sharing.liquid (no code needs to be in it- your website just likes knowing that it has a blank canvass there just in case)
And you're done! Yay!!!
I tell ya- for quite a long time I had the extra social-sharing buttons on my Shopify Store and they just made it look tacky. Now it looks like it just had a new haircut ;-)
Anyway, let me know how it worked.
And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. But remember- I'm no guru; just an artist trying to make the web a better place...